1. Sign in to your Akatal account by following this link
2. Click on the triangle next your name on the upper right hand corner.
3. Go to "My Akatal"
4. Click on "Profile" in your task bar.
5. Once at your profile, click the "My Profile" tab listed on left margin area.
Note: only Consultants can claim their profile.
1. Claim your profile for free.
2. Type your first or last name, and city, state, or zipcode, followed by selecting "Submit".
3. The profiles in our database that contains the words used will be shown. Select from this list the profile that matches you. If no Consultant profiles are presented, then proceed to "Join" us.
4. If you select your profile from those presented, an email will be sent to you with a confirmation message.
5. Follow all directions to complete the claiming process.
1. Log into your Akatal Account.
2. Click on the triangle on the top right hand corner next to your name.
3. Click on "Account Settings."
4. Click on "Email Preferences."
You can check/uncheck the boxes of the emails or notifications. You can also unsubscribe from all email subscriptions by clicking the link at the bottom that reads "unsubscribe from all emails."
If you are still receiving email after unsbuscribing, please Contact Us
Yes. Once you are logged in, simply go to your profile page, edit and save any information you would like to change. If you are concerned that public information we share on our website, please let us know.
If you are a Consultant and have not joined us, you can claim your profile and update your information. Once you claim your profile, you may add or update information including your practice areas, academic experience, and professional achievements.
If you don't see your profile on Akatal, make sure your name is spelled correctly or try more general keywords when you search.
If you still don't see your profile, you can create a new profile on Akatal.
Profile information may come from various sources:
1. Public Library
3. Consultant websites
4. Association websites
5. Information that consultants supply to Akatal
Akatal brings all this data together in one convenient, easy-to-use website, so you don't have to spend hours trying to find it all yourself. Keep in mind that we collect profile information from different sources that we do not control, and we do not verify such information. If you feel that you have found incorrect information on a consultant’s profile, please let us know. Our goal is to ensure that all data on Akatal is as accurate, up-to-date, and helpful as possible.
Consultants can also claim their profile for free, and update certain information that way.
Yes. We allow a user to use the same username and password to register either or both profiles. We understand consultants may want to ask questions and to search for other consultants for collaboration, thus the reason for using the same username and password. Please note: different information is presented and the functionality is different depending on whether the user has chosen their Consultant profile or Company profile.