Date of Last Revision: May 29, 2014
Akatal is an online community of intelligent and experienced members. Our goal is to create and maintain a pleasant and welcoming environment for everyone. We host and welcome a variety of diverse opinions, and ask that all of our participants adhere to these guidelines to foster a professional environment:
1. Be kind and respectful. Personal attacks, deliberate hostility, insulting, provocative, and bigoted or hate speech will not be tolerated. When giving advice to other members, please remember that honesty and kindness are not mutually exclusive. Accusations that are unsupported by specific facts will be removed. This applies to all areas of the website: client reviews, comments, peer endorsements, Q&A forums, etc. Please note that Akatal does not verify accusations or other information posted.
2. Keep it clean. Profane or obscene language or photos, or attempts to bypass our moderation filters will result in your entire post being removed.
3. Stay On Topic. Be sure to post your topics and responses in the appropriate forum, and keep in mind that any off-topic banter which is disruptive to a thread’s discourse may be removed. Avoid writing "Hire a Consultant" as your sole answer to a question. While this may be the right answer for a particular question, readers benefit from elaboration: explain why hiring a Consultant is important in this case. Spam or content that is irrelevant to the question will also be removed. Think twice about copying and pasting the same answer to multiple questions. Additionally, guides with a substantial amount of content that you did not author will be taken down.
4. For companies and the marketplace, when posting questions or comments, we ask that you don't give out personal information such as home or email addresses, telephone numbers, credit card numbers, social security numbers, passwords, etc. You may contact Consultants directly from email links or phone numbers displayed on their profiles and then exchange personal contact information.
5. For professionals, refrain from self-promotion outside of your profile. We encourage you to share information about your business or practice with the Akatal community; however, we ask that you do this in your profile. Please do not directly solicit clients as part of an answer, disclaimer, guide, or peer endorsement. Examples of direct solicitations are language such as "call me, contact me, go to my website for further information, etc". Similarly, do not add contact information or links to your website in answers or answer disclaimers. Such information will be removed. A link to your profile is displayed next to each of your postings, so contact information is already available to readers who wish to contact you. The content of your postings should always remain non-commercial in tone.
We appreciate your compliance with these guidelines. While we are devoted to free speech, we reserve the right to remove posts that do not respect these guidelines or that detract significantly from our users' experience on the site. Failure to comply with any of these guidelines may also result in the temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges. We reserve the right to remove any post, thread or Member whom we deem to be in violation of the Community Guidelines or of detriment to the spirit of our Community.
If you have any questions, technical issues, feedback, or to report any infractions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.